WHAT WE FUND
HOW WE FUND
At the General Service Foundation, justice is our guiding star.
At every step, from who we fund, to how we use our voice, to how we invest, we seek to apply justice principles to our work.
We know that foundations can either accelerate or impede the efforts of leaders and organizations to bring about change, and our intention is to support and amplify the efforts of those who are working to create a more just world.
As GSF has evolved, our values of patience and experimentation have led us to invest early in emerging organizations and their leaders, sustain long-term relationships as grantees take thoughtful risks, and stand with them through both failure and success.
Our guiding principles in:
- Partnership - Relationships of mutual support and trust are key to bringing about true change
- Leadership - We support our grantees to develop courageous, visionary leadership in all levels of their organizations.
- Engagement - We listen, learn and aim to be responsive to shifting needs.
- Collaboration - We actively seek out opportunities for alignment, partnership and collaboration.
- Respect - Because our grantees’ time is a precious resource, we only ask for what we need in grant applications and reports.
- Experimentation - We value curiosity and the process of learning.We encourage grantees to take risks and try new strategies when something isn’t working